Helping Your Students
The Mansfield University Career Center is always happy to visit your classrooms and talk about career development topics, such as:
- Career exploration
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Job searching
- Salary and benefits information
- Graduate school and more!
Please call 570-662-4133 or email email@example.com to arrange a class visit.
Career Center Resources
We have several online tools and databases to assist your students' career development and succesful career launch.
- ExCEL 4-Phase Career Plan: Looking for a guide to help during your advising meetings with students? ExCEL is a 4-phase career action plan to help students make progress on their career goals
- Handshake: a job/internship database, employer database, and career management tool available to students and alumni
- Big Interview: a virtual interview prep resource. Faculty have the opportunity to create virtual interview assignments and tailor the questions to the students in your class. If interested in learning more, please contact us!
- Career Exploration: FOCUS is a free online career interest and aptitude inventory and very useful for students needing to clarify their options. Students can set up their own account with access code: 'mounties'
- Candid Career: over 1,000 short video interviews with professionals in a variety of fields to help students recognize career options with their degree
- Graduate School: a link for students thinking about continuing their higher education
- How to Write a Letter of Recommendation: provides guidelines to write a meaningful letter for a student and still stay within ‘legal’ boundaries